Sunday, October 22, 2017

VERY INTERESTING

10/22/17 -- Well, let me just tell you that last weeks was a very interesting week.  Last Monday I started working for a small cleaning business.  I went into it thinking it would be something I could do, til something else came along.  Yet, I didn't even make it through the first week.  By Wednesday I was having second thoughts about taking the job.
  I have never had a job where I felt like "crap" emotionally by the third day.  The girls that I was working with did a real good job of making me feel like crap, for even taking the job.  When we were at the end of our shift on Wednesday, the two girls had said they may not come in the next day.  Wednesday had got like crap when we showed up at what we thought would be the last job of the day.  The owner/boss had met us there and proceeded to join us inside and telling us all the things that we had to do.  For the girls, it was redoing things that they had already done the prior week.  The time there was pretty miserable and somewhere along the way the boss must have told the girls that I knew what I was doing. Anyway, we finally left there by 2:30pm, but the boss was still there using the shampooer on the carpets.  It was on the way back to the boss's house to unload the car and get into ours that the driver said that she just may call in the next day.  She was pretty pissed off because of the things that the boss had been saying and telling us to do for two hours.  
  When I got home, I was exhausted and not in the greatest of moods.  I was really hoping and praying that those two girls wouldn't leave me "high and dry".  When I got to the bosses house on Thursday, I wasn't in the greatest of moods, but the girls were there.
I have to admit I was doing my best to hold back years.  When we arrived at the 3rd job I was really struggling, then I whacked my left hand on a drawer handle, that I was wiping down, and that brought on the tears.  It hurt so bad I just couldn't hold them back.  Finally it quit hurting and I was able to gain my composure.  We got to the fourth job and I was really struggling to maintain.  One of the girls must have noticed that I was upset, so she spoke to the other girl who then called the boss to see if I could be done early and the girls would go to the last job, in a neighboring town.  When she came down and told me what had been ok'd, I was relieved.
  I got home and went right into the shower, and had myself a good cry.  I had pretty much decided to quit, even tho that was the first time I had ever not made thru the first full week or that I had never quit so early in a job.  I then thought that I would sleep on it and see how I felt the next day.  Needless to say, I didn't feel any different come Friday morning.  So, I text the boss then called him and told him that I quit.  Of course, he was blindsided but I couldn't do anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment