Sunday, February 11, 2018

First Milestone

2/11/18 -- Yesterday was my little sister's birthday, the one that past away, back in Sept. '17.  A couple of weeks ago, it occurred to me that her birthday was coming up, so I texted my middle sister and suggested that either the two of us spend the as much of the day with our mom, as we could; or split the day between us.  Anything to make sure that mom wasn't alone all day long, on that day.  Well, we had it worked out that I would spend the first part of the day with mom then she would come down and spend the rest of the day with her.  Also, we decided not to say anything to her ahead of time.
  So, I let mom know that I was planning on coming down sometime mid-morning on Saturday, and that if she wanted me to do anything or make anything, I could do it then.  I didn't tell her anything more than that.  I went down and she had me clean off the counter in the kitchen, because she has had a rather stubborn little mouse.  She had ordered something that would allow her to spray it on the counter and the mouse wouldn't return.  She needed the counter cleaned off to make spraying it much easier.  Not only did we clean off the counter but we also decluttered it.  Boy, oh boy, it looks so much better now!  You can actually see that the counter is bigger than it looked.
  After all of that we went out to lunch, to Long John Silvers/KFC.  Yes, in my hometown, the restaurants are in the same building.  During lunch, my sister texted wanting to know what we were doing.  I responded but for some reason the message didn't get sent til after we had returned to mom's house.  My sister said that she had a migraine and needed to get rid of it before coming down.
Then she asked mom, what her and I end up doing?  Mom, naturally, was a little curious as to how my sister knew that I was going to be with her?  At that point, I explained that my sister and I hatched a plan to make sure that she wasn't alone on our little sister's birthday(the first one after her death)  Then mom started crying.  Shared some of the different things that she has been experiencing like.....dreaming about her and hearing her say "mom, mom". We both had a good cry, we both miss her, but I am pretty sure that mom misses her the most because mom spent so much of her life taking care of her.
  Mom, was very appreciative that my younger sister and I wanted to be sure that she wasn't alone, yesterday.  I know she was a bit surprised that my sister and I worked something out together, after all, her and I still haven't been getting along very well.
  I told mom that even though her and I aren't getting along, right now, we still love mom and we can agree to make sure mom is taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment