Sunday, June 3, 2018

Grieving

6/3/18 -- I am very thankful that the loss of both my little sister and dad didn't happen when I was in the deepest/darkest part of my depression!  I am struggling more with this than I expected, I guess.  I am having days when I just don't want to do anything, or I really have to talk myself into doing it.  Sometimes I talk myself out of doing it. For instance - I knew that I needed to go to the bank and and the grocery store on Friday but when I woke up, I just didn't want to do anything.  I spent the biggest part of the day trying to talk myself into going to the store because I knew that I was spending the biggest part of the day with my mom, Saturday.  So, I finally talked myself into going to run those errands at about 3:30 - 4:00pm  
  I did go and spend some time with mom, yesterday.  We met at an ice cream place for lunch and dessert.  Then we went back to her place because she wanted me to help her get (what used to be our playroom)straightened up (again) so when she gets ahold of my niece to do the work on the ceiling; it won't be such a pain in the rear to remove the stuff out.  You see, my niece has plenty of experience in construction, I guess you could call it.  
  You see, my dad bought the supplies to install a drop ceiling, in the old playroom, but he never followed thru on putting it in, when he retired, for reasons that only now, we understand.
  She did tell mom, awhile ago, that she would install the drop ceiling whenever mom is ready for her to do so.  Also, mom is getting ready for an auction.  A family friend suggested an auction, to help to get rid of most of not all of dad's stuff.  Not only that but the auction has the potential of bringing in people that are interested in the type of stuff that we have to sell.  Hopefully, by doing that mom will make some decent money on the stuff that we know she could, especially if we draw in the right demographic.
  At the same time, there are things that my sister and I want, that we can have without impacting what mom can still sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment