Monday, May 28, 2018

Perspective

5/28/18 -- Yesterday, as I was preparing to go to church, a thought just popped into my head regarding death.  There is a animated movie that my son pretty much grew up watching; in one of the scenes, the young lion is sad and kind of mopey, laying in the grass.  Then he sees a vision of his dad in the clouds, that reminds him he "lives" in him.  For some reason, the preverbal light bulb, just dawned on me.  You see, I have been quite sad, sadder than I expected, concerning the passing of my dad.  The thought popped into my head that even tho the physical presence of my dad, has moved on, my dad really isn't completely dead.  After all, I am my dad's daughter as is my younger sister; then there is my son, who looks like my dad, not to mention, he looks like his dad too.  All of which isn't a bad thing.  My son and I reconciled which does allow me to see my granddaughters and to get to know my daughter in-law.  I guess what I am saying is  - we have a part of our family members that pass away, within us.  So, in a way, they aren't completely dead and gone.
  You see, there may be physical attributes or mannerisms that we have that will either remind others of that family member or remind ourselves of that family member.  Heck there are things that my mom said to me growing up, that I found myself saying to my son, when he was growing up.  The funny thing is; as I am saying something to my son, I am also hearing my mom say the say thing, in my head.  By the way, my mom is still living.

No comments:

Post a Comment