Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Death.....

5/1/18 -- Well my dad passed away Sunday, evening. I had gone to visit him on Friday, then again Sunday around noonish because he just wasn't doing very well, at all.  Dad took a turn for the worst over the last couple of weeks.  The last time I saw him was 2 months ago.  When I saw him on Friday he looked dramatically different.  He had been sick, in the hospital, then back in the nursing home.  The PSP (progressive supra-nuclear palsy) caught up with him.  Mom, has had plenty of time to reflect over the last 8 years that dad had been retired; she realized that dad had started showing symptoms of this disorder when he retired.  More than that, she noticed them because he was home more.  The thing with this disorder; is that the patient dies within 10 years after the onset of symptoms.
  I am amazed that he declined so quickly, from the time I saw him 2 months ago.  I am more concerned about my mom, once again, than i am about myself.  My mom still is grieving over the death of my little sister, about 7 months ago.  Now, my sister and I will have to keep and eye and her and make sure she is getting out, not becoming a complete hermit. I don't blame her for not wanting to leave the house every now and again, but to never leave, that would become a problem.  My younger sister and I both have keys to her house because mom gave them to us, so we can make sure she is ok, if we need to.
  I had thought about canceling the upcoming appointment with my counselor, but decided against when I heard from my mom how bad my dad was getting.  I did try to reschedule it but couldn't so I will have to bring the child that I am taking care of with me to my counseling appt.

No comments:

Post a Comment