Monday, April 29, 2019

Another Suicide???????



4/29/30 -- Found out earlier, this evening, that someone I know's son {one of a pair of twins} took his own life, early Sunday morning. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭  When I saw the posting for his visitation and funeral, this coming Friday, it felt like I got punched in the chest......I have been where this young must have found himself, but for some reason he didn't or couldn't ask for help.  I don't understand, I just don't understand.
  I can't even imagine what his twin brother is feeling right now.  I can't even imagine.  I am relatively close to the woman who raised him, his Grandma and Grandpa, raised them.  I don't remember why they were taken away from their mom, but nonetheless Grandma and Grandpa were also mom and dad. So, anyway, I know that the mom/Grandma and this child/young man didn't quite get along.  Apparently, it was to the point that he attempted suicide and was admitted to a mental hospital for a time, then someone else in the church, took him in {with the permission of his mom/Grandma} and he seemed to be doing ok, so far as I knew.  
   I do know that he was no longer welcome at his grandma's house, without someone like grandpa or grandma because of something that he did.  I wonder if maybe there was some extreme things said during that exchange that put him back in that bad and dark place.  I really, really hope not, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility.
  Taking your own life, just isn't the answer, it just isn't.  I do know exactly where he was tho.  GET HIELP, IF YOU FIND YOURSELF THINKING OR FEELING LIKE THE WORLD WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU.  IT ISN'T TRUE, THE WORLD ISN'T BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU!  THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT DO LOVE YOU AND CARE ABOUT YOU AND IF YOU WOULD JUST OPEN UP AND ASK FOR HELP, SOMEONE WILL GET YOU THE HELP YOU NEED.  YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO GO TO THE PSYCHIATRIST FOR MEDS AND COUNSELING TO HELP YOU COPE WITH ALL THE TURMOIL THAT YOU ARE FEELING.  I KNOW - IT TOOK ME 3 YEARS TO WORK MY WAY, FAR ENOUGH AWAY FROM THAT VERY, VERY DARK PLACE, I WAS IN THAT I WANTED TO DRIVE INTO A SEMI-TRUCK OR A BRIDGE PILING.  I WAS PUT ON AN ANTI-DEPRESSANT AND MATCHED WITH THE RIGHT COUNSELOR THAT HELPED ME THROUGH A VERY ROUGH 2 YEARS, THEN A DIFFERENT ONE, WHO HELPED ME THE REST OF THE WAY.  THE THIRD ONE WAS THERE FOR WHENEVER I NEEDED TO TALK AND HELP KEEP ME ON THE PATH I HAVE BEEN ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment