Saturday, May 4, 2019

Visitation

5/4/19 -- So, yesterday was the visitation and funeral for the young man who is a son of a friend of mine, also is one of a pair of twins.  I saw so many people that I haven't seen in quite a long time, which is ok, I guess.  Of course, I expected that would happen because I haven't been to that church in such a long time.  I even saw the pastor of the church, and updated him on the stuff between my son and I.  He was glad to hear about the slow "thawing" between us.  Yet, I have to be patient, because as per usual, I can't force that young man to do anything.
  Anyway, I only stayed for the visitation, I just couldn't bring myself to stay for the funeral.  For some reason, it just felt like it was too soon, after all the funerals that I had been to since my sister past away.  There was another funeral or visitation that I should have gone to but I didn't because of work and I was just apprehensive about going.
  I did spend a couple of hours with my friends mom because she is lonely because the other grandma passed away about 2 weeks ago, and she was living in the same household.  I don't mind keeping someone company, let her talk and gets me out of my apt.  Then the rest of the day, my mind just wasn't with it, at all.  I stopped at a store to pick something specific up, and walked out without that specific thing, but with other stuff.  Weird huh?  I ended up having to go back and pick that thing up along with a couple other things.
  I have been emailing with a man that has been quite encouraging to me, I let my psychiatrist know what I have been feeling and been goin on.  She suggested increasing my citalopram but what I want is really to talk to someone.
Evidently, my former counselor's new job prospect, fell thru, so she is back but apparently her position has been reconfigured.  She is going to see me, but they ultimately wants me in a counseling group and something about my skills would be helpful.  Not sure what they mean by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment