Saturday, November 14, 2020

Working

11/14.20 -- Good morning, everyone.  I hope this find everyone healthy both physically and mentally.  I tell you what....I do feel much better now that I am working and earning an income.  I am working from home, for a mail order company that is based in my town.  I think they have to be one of the pioneers of mail order companies, lol.  Not too sure about that, but anyway----I started the training for this job on 11/2/20 and was released to solo on 11/12/20.  I answer the computer phone and handle customers wanting to make payments on their bills.  I actually don't mind doing that; the awesome thing about that is I won't have to go out in the weather, when it gets bad in the winter, making travel difficult.  When roads are difficult traveling, I can come into my bedroom/office(during the day), sit down set up my computer and start working.  The only thing that I don't like, is that there isn't quite enough of a break between calls to finish up the call you're working, like making a note on the account that the customer called in about. 

  The best thing is that I am finally earning an income to support myself, which is huge for my mental state.  As much as I was doing decently in keeping a positive attitude, trusting that God has the right job for me and that I just had to wait for His timing, it was getting annoying.  Especially, when my upstairs neighbors did nothing (pretty much) but take advantage of their jobs  What do I mean by that?  Well, let me explain...This couple works for a rather popular retail store about an hour way from where we live.  The woman has been "off" for pretty darn close to a year, using a variety of "reasons" for her being off; her husband has been behaving like a puppy dog, and staying home just because his wife has been.  He acts as tho he can't live without her by his side 24/7 which is absolutely ridiculous. He just likes trying to live off of other people, like for instance, his mom.  Over this past year, they have pretty much exhausted every resource of money they have had access to. I will list them....their 401ks, rent help from the county, and other help from his mom.  She finally decided that she had to get herself hyped up and prepared to go back to work.  All during this time they have had ridiculous marriage problems, which to me is caused by the both of them.  They call me seperately and put me on conference calls to listen the the two of them complain about each other. 

  I have found myself getting so bogged down, mentally, by their complaint, and not listening too much if any if my advice.  Their negativity was just getting to me, but at the same time, there are times when I enjoy their company.  I get laughs and the occasional free meal.  Them finally going to work has been a relief to me, as well, as my own job.  Now I get a lot less complaining from them because they are working and so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment