Saturday, May 30, 2015

Struggling on

5/31/15 --  Well, I now have some, new to me furniture and a new to me car.  Working out a deal with my boss on the furniture but it's nice, comfortable, and matching furniture.  It's a chaise lounge with a couch, white.  By some coincidence my car is also white, it's the replacement for the now junk Cavalier.  Some good things that have happened over the last couple of weeks.
   I had a session with my Counselor, this past Tuesday and we discussed (in short) the last month since my last session with him.  The night before seeing him it had been revealed on Facebook that my son and family are moving on June 6th which is next Saturday.  For me that is so not a good thing!
  I did tell him that I did figure out the one thing that I am struggling with-it has to do with always being known as my son's mom and I was thinking that I had to separate that-but I didn't want to because I was finding comfort in that yet now it was nothing but pain and bittersweet.  My Counselor kinda 'flip the table"on me and suggested that I just 'flip the coin' and discover what a "sweet, kind, loving, ...." person that I am?  I was kinda stunned because he was actually echoing my Friend with different words, so I was also chuckling a little.  Then of course he had to say what I was thinking in that it was a "God thing" meaning that God was telling me something, by confirming something thru someone who has absolutely no connection with any of my friends.  For all intensive purposes isn't and can't talk religion during a session unless his/her patient brings up and he/she is comfortable with doing so. 
   It was another emotional session, somehow he always leaves me with something to think about and it usually comes back to me later and hits like a ton of bricks.
   He said,"they are going to move, there is nothing that you can do about it. It's going to happen."  He strongly suggests that I have a plan in place for that day because he knows what I was like the weeks leading up to Mother's Day and this week could be another tough one.  I really wish there was someplace I could go on Friday night into Saturday because the Graduation party that I am suppose to attend isn't til late in the afternoon.
  My son and family are moving so stinkin far away and to some it seems like a good thing and it may be, but for me it so isn't.   I don't view it that way, at all.  The timing, the way they are doing it, the fact that I have no way of contacting in case of an emergency, it all just is wrong and sucks!  I am a mom without a son and a grandma with without grandchildren, that is how it feels right now. (Daughter in-law that I don't know)

No comments:

Post a Comment