Friday, April 22, 2016

Life Continuing

4/21/16 -- So, I think that the last thing that I had mentioned was an injection series that I had, now almost a month ago, I think.
  I haven't had a serious flareup since that 360 nerve block.  I can't even begin to tell you just what it feels like to have ZERO headache.  Now, I haven't not stopped taking the daily medication yet because I am supposed to see my Neurologist for a follow up, yet.  However, I have decreased the amount of the medication that I was taking back to the original dose that she prescribed back in August of last year.  I am also doing physical therapy wanted the the doctor who did the nerve block.  She also wants me to take magnesium which is said to help to manage headaches.  So, after waiting a couple of weeks, I am finally taking the magnesium, I had to wait for my mom to get it thru her naturopath chiropractor.  I can take that according to how my headache is doing and how my body responds to the dosage.  
  On to the new Counselor that I have been seeing - Yes it is a man because I find it easier to talk to a man.   One of the reasons is because I have too many women in my life and not enough men that are speaking into my life.  The bad thing is that he is only going to be there til October.  He also promised to set me up with his supervisor, which is the original person I was to see except I couldn't get in til May, a month or two before he leaves so that hopefully I won't have to wait 2 months to see her.
  The issue we are contending with, right now, (my Counselor and I) is the fact that I can't go to my local church because of the bad memories.  You see there were a number Sundays that my son and I had confrontations, of the not so good kind.  I cannot explain why, I just can't.  Yet, my Counselor wants me to try - trying - for instance; drive into the driveway - if I can't go any farther then drive back out; the next Sunday, maybe go to the door - if I can't go any farther the turn around an leave; the next Sunday open the door and look inside - if I can't go any further then leave and on and on one step further each time til I am all the way in. 
  Oh, and another thing is this thing of moving on with my life and not "shutting the door" on my son like he has done to me.  My Counselor suggested that I look at as "leaving the door open a crack"; which I hadn't thought of and have no idea what that looks like or how to do it.  That just means that we will be working thru it together.
  I am just amazed that I am still dealing with this.  This has been such a long journey for me, I never expected it to be so long.  Yet, there are things that I just haven't dealt with or faced because I just don't want to yet I know that  I just can't continue to avoid the emotional things either.

No comments:

Post a Comment