Thursday, April 7, 2016

FUN, FUN STUFF..........

3/24/16 -- So, Sunday I just wasn't in the mood for going to church, it is too bad that I heard from no one, given that it is a small church.  I can't quite place why, I just didn't want to.
  I had initially decided to not go to the larger venue to were the local church is having their Easter Services due to the fact that the crowd will just be way too big.  Then I spent some time with my favorite Youth Pastor and his family, his wife said that there was a possibly going to be live feed from the place of the sermon into the lobby area; so she asked if there is an live feed, would I be more willing to go and just sit  in the lobby, then leave right after.  That way I would not have to confront the crowd.  
  Tuesday, I met them at a local hotel that allows people to come and swim in their pool, but only at certain times and only during the week, that way we're avoiding the people staying in the hotel, which is fine.
4/7/16 -- So, some things have changed in the last couple of weeks.  I had a rough week leading up to Easter, ended up calling the head of The Behavioral Health dept. just be able to be ok about Easter, I know, I know there is nothing wrong with Easter but I was having issues with going to the larger than a normal  service.  I was also having trouble with going because I told someone that I would go and the closer the it got more that I just just couldn't go. The head of the department, I will call "T" told me that I  didn't have to go - we talk about a half an hour then he re-enforced the idea that I could still call him and/or ask to have an appt. with him if I needed to because he knows that it is another month before my scheduled appt. with a new counselor.
I did find another place to go the was way smaller than what my regular church was doing.  
  Then by Monday I was feeling pretty bad, so I called "T" to see if I could have an appt. with him.  He told me that I could and we scheduled an appt. for the next day.  I felt a little better because I was going to be able to get some help at sorting this "anxiety" out and find out what I could do to resolve this problem.  
  I did go to have my session with "T" and it was felt good to get this out and off my chest.  "T" gave me some really good suggestions and gave me some hints to help me get to a place that I would be able to go to church on Sunday then the wedding because I was thinking I couldn't attend the wedding very easily because of the "small crowd" factor.  "T" is really easy to talk to, much like my first Counselor "J" who is no longer working for the local Clinic which is very difficult for me.
  At the end of the session "T" asked if I would be willing to see the only other male Counselor, that he hired, or if I just wanted him to be someone I called whenever I needed to?  At first I told him that I wanted to just keep it between is, us him as a "patch" as he put it.  Then the more I thought about it the more I was thinking that wasn't a good idea because he really didn't have the time {given the "T" is the "Coach" of the department which means that he doesn't see patients on a regular basis, he has departmental responsibilities}  Then the more I thought about the overnight I decided to mychart mail "T" that I wanted to go ahead give this guy a try:  I prefer men in this instance because they have such a different perspective that I like and I believe is important especially if their "bedside" manner is good.  "T" was pleased that I was willing to give the new guy a chance.  He called me later to let me know that he was pleased and wanted to schedule the time with me.  So, I was then scheduled for 3pm to see "B" the following Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment