Saturday, February 29, 2020

BEWARE

2/29/20 -- Good Grief!!! This is like the umpteenth time that I have been close to be being sucked into a scam!  This time I was sucked a bit deeper than ever before because it's so damn good!!!  This time it took a bit longer for me to catch on that this attempt to get employed is a scam.  This is the second time that I have had someone attempt to scam me as I am trying to get employed.  This job was supposed to be a work from home job.  However, this company is a in home care company or a nursing facility.  So, after being sick for close to two weeks, I ended up talking to my cable/mobile carrier who then agrees with me, that the way this company wants to do their business.  
  You see; as I am supposed to be employed by this company - they want me to use their equipment but the catch is - they needed access to my online account with my cable/mobile carrier.  I let them by giving them the info they needed (stupid mistake) plus I had given them my ss number (another super stupid mistake)  Their reasoning behind this is to order equipment on an already established account will be easier than establishing a new account of their own.  Which, in all reality is a huge lie!!!!!  Thankfully, my customer service person in my cable/mobile carrier is pretty smart; not to mention the fact that as I was reciting all that had happened, that is when it dawned on me that it didn't make sense.  One of them many things that don't make sense is the fact that a home care company would need people to work from home as assistant administrators.  That really doesn't make sense, at all. 
  I put a complete stop on everything, even my security company for my computer that includes an identity protection company spotted a problem and notified me and I told them that I didn't authorize anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment