Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Interesting stuff

8/31/15 -- This has been an interesting week.  I have had several things that made my life rather interesting.  This past Saturday was a conference that I was partially drafted, partially volunteered to "cater" for.  In other words it was discussed between 2 other people then I was asked to which I said yes.  
  I was the only one in the kitchen getting things prepared for the lunch, and the only one to clean up.  This was a bad weekend to have a synvisc injection because I was on my feet for any entire 8 hours and my ankle was most definitely aching/more like in flat out pain. So, when I finally got home I sat on my Chais lounge along with taking some tramadol.  I think my Pastor was getting some fun out of  making me think about something other than what is going on in my head/heart in order to successfully figure the simple menu and get the quantities right.  He was successful at distracting me, at least for a time.
  Yesterday, I met with someone who is a family friend from a very long time ago.  They, him and his wife, recently moved back to my hometown where they used to lived and moved out of years ago.
It was an interesting visit -- I ended up answering questions about my son and admitting that things haven't been going well.  However I chose not to go into details because I don't trust them/don't know them anymore. The reason I don't know them anymore is because we have been so out of touch these many years and because I remember him telling me something, the last time I saw him, that I don't feel like he is the same man that I have know all my growing up years. I skirted the issues concerning my son and our lack of relationship.  Then he proceeded to tell me stuff that I already know, kind of preaching to me, in a way.  The trouble is I don't think he realized that he was telling me stuff that I already knew despite the fact that I was shaking my in agreement with him.  I am not too sure that I appreciated it too much, but I just left it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment