Friday, March 11, 2016

Adjusting....

3/11/16 -- Boy I tell you, adjusting to new circumstances and not allowing them to overwhelm me is a challenge.  I feel like I am unconsciously following some of the suggestions that 
my, now former Counselor, as taught me.
  I had gone to see my mom and help her out with one of her many projects to get things ready for when my dad ultimately comes home, from rehab.  She was on the phone with the Hospital, where dad has been for almost a week now, checking to see if and/or when he was to be transferred to the rehab hospital.  Turns out he was to be transferred about 3:30 or so.  When she got off the phone she just started to cry.  As much as I wanted to join her in that I just felt like I needed to be there for her, be strong for her, and help to redirect to what she wanted me there for.  I did, of course, make sure she was ok - allowing her to voice what she was feeling.  Basically, she is just feeling overwhelmed - she was thinking that her life was to supposed to get easier.  I said, "what after we moved out?" and she said, "yes".   To which I responded, "yes, but along with us moving out they got older."  She just laughed and told me that she didn't mind the getting old, it is all the stuff that comes with it.  I agreed with her however pointing out that it seems more noticeable with dad.  We agreed that most definitely wasn't was we expected.
My dad is now the complete opposite man that he was as us girls were growing up.
   There are so many things that have come at me over this last week that I just don't know how I am going to be dealing with this.  You see, my Counselor {now former} is leaving today, is his last day.  Plus, I won't get to see another counselor til May.  To me, that is a very long time without talking to someone.  I am thinking that I will be ok, but I am on her waiting list/cancellation list, for the month of April.
   I know that I can't completely focus on myself but at the same time I have too, in order to keep myself in a healthy place.  When I am with mom I am strong for her but when I get home I have to keep myself healthy so I don't go back down the "hole" that I came out of and have worked hard to get farther and farther away from.
  I do know that one of the most important things that have to continue doing is reading God's Word.  I also need to maintain contact with my mentor so she can be encouragement for me and keep me in prayer.  It is important that I know that I am not alone and God does know what is going on and He is completely in control.  
  I do have my own health issues to content with so I do have to really try to keep things in focus and not allow myself to get or feel overwhelmed.  However, that is easier to say or think than to do, so I do need to keep things in place to take care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment