Friday, March 11, 2016

And It Continues.....

3/10/16 -- So, after a fall backwards down the stairs, my dad has been in the hospital but today is being transferred to a Rehab Hospital, the same larger town where the hospital is.  So, that means driving up there a couple of times of week, to see him.  He needs to relearns swallowing, so he doesn't choke anymore and relearn walking so he doesn't fall as much anymore.
  Now, mom is needing to get the house ready for when he is released to come home.  Things like getting a good sturdy rail or two along side the steps going up to the porch and putting a lock on the door going down to the basement.  Dad has accumulated a mound of magazines next to his chair so mom needs help going thru all that.  She can't get on the floor yet, because of the recent surgery that she had on her knee.
  This is just one thing that I am having to wrap my mind around, my dad no longer being the "strong" man that we once was.  Then there is my middle sister, who hasn't wanted us involved in her family's life at all for the last 10ish years - and when something happens comes in and tries to take over like she knows what has been going on, at home.  She has absolutely ZERO idea what mom has been dealing or with from dad nor does she know what I have encountered with dad myself; like when I had to have the police help me to do a well check on him just 4 days after mom's second knee surgery.
  My Sister has this attitude of " I am better than you" and when she talks to mom it feels like she is talking down to her; something of which I personally don't appreciate.  I just want to "smack her in the face" she drives me nuts with her attitude.  I do, in some respect, regret even calling to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment