Sunday, May 29, 2016

My Life........Trying to Move On

5/29/16 -- So, I started my new job this past Monday.  The household situation is rather interesting, different.  I am to watch the 2 children, the oldest with his teachers most of the time, while their mom does the chores that her fiancee gives her do, every day.
The woman is young and seems to be inexperienced in a number of ways, of which I can be of a great help, so long as she is willing.  
   My first task is to give these children some boundaries and teaching them to live or stay in the boundaries until they have permission to move beyond.  I spent the biggest part of that day keeping the children out of the kitchen so their mom could thoroughly clean it without children in her way.  Neither of the boys took naps and they were pretty much wired for sound, so to speak.  The youngest took to me pretty easily; he is adorable and very snuggly anyway.  The middle boy took a little longer to warm up to me but he is fine now.
  Tuesday, I had to go with her to her WIC appt. to help her keep the children all together because they just don't have any boundaries, or know what they can and cannot do because mom just hasn't laid that type of stuff out, to them.  I spent a lot of time saying "no" and chasing after them.  Thursday was a little field trip, type deal.  We went to a church that was hosting a "family fun day" along with providing lunch.  That was interesting, to say the least.  The children all had fun and ate better than they normally do for lunch.  However, they were more of a handful because there again is the lack of discipline issue.  I have been observing the mom as she interacts with the little ones and there are times that I can definitely tell that she is overwhelmed.  She has admitted to having children before either one of them was truly ready, let alone married.  I am not judging her at all and that is why I believe she is so comfortable is sharing things with me.
  She has eluded to the idea that my job there is temporary and even has lied to the people at this "Family Fun Day" that she hired me but her fiancee is the one that hired me and he is the one that determines how long I will be there.  I do believe that i will keep an eye out for other prospects, tho, not knowing.  I also will be getting some clarifications from him as to what his plans are for how long I will be there.
  I thought I had something else to help boost my income, but that ended up being a scam, to which doesn't make me very happy.  I was hoping that I would have a cleaning job that would be three days a week but when the woman {I think I was talking to a woman-emailing} didn't give me the address that supposedly they were to moving to - I was suspicious.  Then I talked to my mentor about it and she said something that reminded me of a scam that I had encountered several years ago, along this similar lines.  I decided that I would send another email to let this "woman" know that I was concerned, hoping that she would understand and reply back, at the same time my thoughts were - "if this is for real ad truly meant to be then she will be ok with my question and move on with answering the rest or if she doesn't reply back then I know for sure it's a scam."  Sure enough, she hasn't responded back which is my cue that she was attempting to scam me.  BUMMER!! The money she was talking about would have been really helpful.  Oh, well something else will come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment