Sunday, August 7, 2016

Such A Trying Time pt. 2.................

8/7/16  --  The day that the mom of these boys, told be that she had an abortion knocked me for a loop.  I mean, seriously, I really didn't know what to say, but I know that I needed to say something because she needed me to.  Let me tell you, I had to choose my words carefully because I had so many thoughts and emotions running thru my mind and I really didn't want to just let her have it.  I was surprised, I was angry, and disappointed and other things that I just couldn't put into words.
  Thankfully, God provided me the words and ability to keep calm and select my words mindfully because the last thing that I wanted to do was hurt her anymore than she was already hurting.  Her "husband", the boys dad as well as the child's dad didn't give her a choice.  Also, she had lied to me in the prior 2 weeks plus she had been ignoring but now I understand why.  Her and her fiancee' must have been arguing whether to have the abortion or not, but he gave her no choice.  I told her that there is always a choice because if you don't want the child, for whatever the reason, then put it up for adoption but don't kill it. 
  {To those of you the have had abortion - I don't look down on you, or condemn you for doing so.  I forgive just like Jesus Christ forgives me and you.  I am very much against abortion.  When you "abort" a child - it is a child the moment it is conceived - therefore you are committing murder.  So, there is one way to avoid it - do not put yourself in a situation where you can get pregnant in the first place. Birth control is not a 100% grantee that you won't get pregnant.   Also, if you find yourself pregnant outside of marriage or even inside of marriage and you know that you can't take care of the child then put that child up for adoption.  There are plenty of childless couples in this country that would love to have a child to love and take care of.}  That is my not so humble opinion on the subject of abortion.  You all are more than welcome to disagree, I don't mind because I don't expect everyone to agree with me and I am not shoving anything down anyones throat.}
  I assured her that I don't hate her and that she is forgiven both by me and by God.  However, I did let her know that I was upset with the fact that she hadn't been upfront with me from the beginning.  She understood that very well.
  My mind however was just blown - as in with the stuff that my counselor and I had discussed and I was mulling over - add that not so small bombshell to the mix and you have one overwhelmed person.  Yep, that was me - it has taken me a couple days to work thru and even put it off to the "side" because this is not for me to handle alone.  You see, I firmly believe that God can and does, share our burdens if not take them so we don't have to carry them alone.  Also, He is much better to handle them than I am because my stuff and her stuff is just too much for me.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment