Thursday, August 25, 2016

Out of My Comfort Zone.....

8/25/16 -- So, I went an did something that I am still very surprised that I did. Shocked, even.  I went and signed onto a dating site, I even paid for a one month subscription, couldn't really afford it but I sacrificed, figuring it is most likely the only way I will meet a single man in my age group.  The second day I already had a bunch of nibbles.  I am currently texting 2 guys.  One man wants to move way too fast for my liking the other one is really "speaking my language".  He talked like I was his girlfriend or wife.  He has sent me  the most beautiful texts and emails.  I can't remember where his lives but I think it's somewhere down south.
  I am so amazed at myself for stepping out of my comfort zone but I just did it-didn't think about, I just did it.  My counselor was quite surprised as well.  It is another way that I am showing that I am ready to move on, by actually taking a step towards doing so.  I am still quite scared but I just figure that I have to do something as I have yet to meet that special someone, and I have been single now for 10+ years and I am just wanting to be married.
I don't go to bars, and there aren't too many things that I do alone because it is just too boring plus I am a bit leery.  I am not a very out going at first, I am more on the shy side so stepping outside my comfort zone and doing it alone. 
  Also, I am still struggling with stuff, so to step out on my own I am not quite sure that I am ready to go full bore.  Taking these steps is so scary and I am still plagued with the inability to accept compliments.  I am also, oh I don't know, I think that I can come up with excuses out of the wazoo but what it boils down to is fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment