Friday, August 19, 2016

Try to Catch You All Up.....

8/18/16 -- I apologize for not making more regular posts, I have been trying to process stuff and altho writing does help me to do that I just couldn't blog.
  The household that I have been working in is such a confusing mess, to me, sometimes to the point of overwhelming.  As a result, I just don't pay too much attention to it because it just boggles my mind.  There is so much lying going on that it is unbelievable and I just can't deal with it.  I just play along, more like ignore it because I will not be working there forever, most likely past the start of school.  
  There are a couple of things that really irritate me about this household:  the woman of the house doesn't really follow thru on the stuff that she specifically asks me advice and suggestions on; in the way of taking care of the children, cleaning, and cooking.  I can tell so much because every time I go into the house, I can tell she isn't doing the things that I suggest because the place is a mess and the boys have been allowed to do whatever they want and aren't properly dressed.  Those boys listen to me apparently better than they listen to their mother, and I am guessing that it is because all she does is yell at them. Children don't listen, very well, to someone who does nothing but yell at them, when there is no consequences to their actions.
  Then there is this whole, the grandpa is living with them and I just found out that he is actually paying more than his share of the expenses and such in that household.  He is basically paying their rent, plus a utility bill or so....  Yet, the way that he is treated is absolutely ridiculous!!!!  I told him that he should be using that as leverage because then maybe they would think twice about treating him like crap!  The don't even bother including him in the meal they sit down to eat, and he probably paid for that meal.  When I was there last night, I worked 5 hours last night rather than yesterday, I made the boys dinner and included him in the deal as well.  He should be eating healthier than he does.
  Enough about them, altho they do seem to have an effect on my mental capacity.  I have been still going to counseling which I really like.  I gotta admit that I really like the whole idea of having someone to talk to because I don't have anyone within my household that fits that bill.  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment