Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving

11/23/16  --  The day before Thanksgiving and I have been sort of reflecting on a few things that have recently happened that I am thankful for.  1) That I am still on the this earth, 2) because God "had me on his shoulders thru all my brokenness" 3) for the fact that I now have a BoyFriend (still sort of sounds strange to say)  4) My son is interested in reconciliation - he has told me himself.
  Those are only a few things, I can most definitely go on and on about the things that I am thankful for, that go back 2 years ago.
For instance:  1) Thankful for the counselor that I was paired with in the very beginning of my Counseling need. 2) for the very few selected friends that prayed with me, and persuaded me to allow her to call the Pastor of the church I was attending, and having him call me 3)  For the drawing of the Lord, to get closer and closer to Him 4) that He was there for me as I clung to Him because that I all I could barely do.  5) for me finally allowing Him to help me understand that I cannot finish anything concerning my son that I have to trust Him, 6) His wonderful mercies, patience and never ending love. 7) God never letting go of me thru my fear, struggles or unbelief and lack of trust.  I know that I was stubborn in many areas because I just couldn't get it.
  You don't have to wait til Thanksgiving to be thankful, we should always be Thankful for different things every year.  There are always people in your life that want to be there for you, the question is; will you let them?
  Yes there are things in my life that have been difficult; like my dad has been put into a nursing home.  This man is someone who I never, in a million years,  thought about going so soon if not at all.
My mom is struggling with the different things attributed to that because she didn't know anything about certain things about the household finances.  I have been dealing with a constant headache due to the added stress of my job not providing all I need to live off of.......I could go on and on but I don't want to because focussing on all negative stuff when my God is way bigger than all that stuff put together.  My needs will be met somehow so long as my eyes remain on Him and not myself or how I would solve those problems.
  I have been working thru a new and different Bible study with a couple of women from the Church I am attending and it is wonderful.  I have been thru a number of different Bible Studies but this one is way different and for this season in my life, I know that I am going to glean more from this one.  Plus, this is a much smaller setting then in the past ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment