Friday, December 23, 2016

More Wonderful Winter Weather

12/23/16 -- Here it is the eve, before Christmas Eve.  Now, me personally, I don't put too much effort in the this particular holiday because....well there are a number if different reasons that I don't and I don't know that I will go into all of them.  One reason is that I have always had cats and cats climb trees, and play with ornaments, so no trees.  Another reason is that I have never had the money to hog wild crazy on buying gifts for my son or anyone else.  The other reason has something to do with my personal beliefs.  Now, I have and will continue to be flexible for the benefit for my granddaughters despite the fact that my son does know and had agreed with me; til he got married and instantly had children.  Now, I am not going to tell anyone that they are right or wrong, this has been my personal belief.  
  There is one thing that my son and I did always do on the Christmas holiday, that was snack all day and watch parades and football.  We had our little tradition, and that is something that I will  always cherish.
  I know that I am in a relationship, but we are still living apart, we haven't been able to get much accomplished with him working so much and not being able to see each other for over a month and half.  Believe me when I say that I am, internally, going nuts!  I want so much to be with him, all the time.  Yet, here I am and he's 3 hours away, and working such ridiculously long hours.  He really has Sunday and even then it's not all to himself, he has to do reports that are needed for Monday. 
  This year the two holidays happen to fall on Sundays; for some reason that means that they will "observed" on the Monday after for some places.  BUT not for my man, he has to work.  Which truly sucks because it would have been nice to have him all to myself for a larger part of the weekend, if he can tear himself away from the "busyness" of work and have some R&R.
   Thankfully, the church that I attend is still doing things as they always do, have church and lunch after.  The full "christmas" dinner and I am making dessert.  I love making dessert.  I was given a bunch of chocolate which gave me the idea to really doctor up the brownies that I make.
  I would really love to spend some time with my granddaughters but I don't see that happening:  although I did "shoot" out an invitation for them to come to my place for dessert, on Sunday, just so I could see them, even for a little bit of time.  Now, I haven't heard anything back since I put the invitation forth but I am not completely surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment