Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Disappointed.....

12/27/16 -- So, this past weekend was a weekend when most people get together with family, with exception to me.
  I had put the invitation out to my son, to just simply stop by my place, for dessert, on Christmas day, for a non threatening visit.  I didn't even care if it was a short visit.  I know he saw the invitation but as per usual, he didn't respond.  I held out hope that they would stop by, altho I didn't have super high hopes.
  Then there was my boyfriend, of whom I was really hoping that he would make it down, in the afternoon.  At lunch time I texted him to see what it was looking like for him coming down, at that time he was running errand with his mom, apparently.
  Needless to say; I was disappointed on both fronts.  I knew by 6pm isn that my boyfriend wasn't coming and probably by around the same time for my son, too.  Both of them have a 3 hour drive.  So, as much as, I was trying not to have high hopes, I was pretty disappointed that none of them made it to see me.  I did have a meal after church, as usual.
  I even had a dream that my son and family stopped by, I asked if I could give my granddaughters the gifts that I have been holding for the last two christmases and he said yes.  Because of the dream, I was holding out some hope.  Yet, I was completely disappointed, however not too seriously.
  I extended a different invitation to my boyfriend for this coming weekend.  Hoping that maybe we can at least spend New Year's Eve together even if he has to be home the next day, at least then we will have spent some time together.
We will see, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment