Monday, January 2, 2017

A New Year, A New Start

1/2/17 -- Two Thousand Seventeen, wow!!  Last year was a rocky one for me, as I continued to pull away from the darkness of depression.  I have made such huge progress that I find it amazing.  I know that I haven't done it alone, tho.  God has been with me, thru this entire mess, using some very carefully selected people to help me along the way.
  The latter part of last year there was finally a mind set change that even prompted me to get on a dating website that netted me a boyfriend.  This relationship, however has been testing of my willingness to allow God and His timing for everything to continue.  This relationship is a long distance style relationship.  He lives about 3 hrs away, working such long hours that are just difficult for me to wrap my head around.  I have to continually remind myself that my boyfriend has said that he has had hectic days for the last couple of weeks and that God is in control of this.
  Then around Thanksgiving, God (finally) showed me some progress in the working on my son, that He has been doing. I received a response from my son, minutes after I sent him a message.  That is the first time that he has responded to anything that I sent him.  Then I threw out an invitation for Christmas plus a "Merry Christmas" and a "Happy New Year", this morning I received a "Happy New Year and a late "Merry Christmas" from him.  I was in mild tears and very grateful to hear from him.  Just that little bit shows me that God is working, and that some time very soon there will be reconciliation.  I still have to be patient, wait on God and do or say what He wants when He wants me to.  I know that I can't be too excited and pester my son because that will drive him away.
  Then yesterday, at church, I received some news that I haven't really digested, yet.  I have been attending a "church plant" that has been in a home.  Now, the couple informed me that they will be moving to a town about an hour away from me.  Interesting because someone else that I have been close to, has started a church in that same town, but haven't sold their house, yet.  What is interesting about this is; I have been feeling a bit unsettled, like I need to be getting rid of things that I don't need.  Mind you, I live in a one bedroom apartment and I really don't have too much that I don't need, yet I do.  Kind of, have been ignoring that urge, but I know that I can't ignore it for too long.  I have a feeling that a change is coming, just not sure when, but my suspicion is marriage, just don't know that for sure when.  Regardless, I need to be obedient and get rid of what I don't want or need.  What's even more interesting is; that when I moved into this place, I said that this was the last time that I move-with the caveat of my getting married.  Oh and by the way, getting married really hasn't been on my radar - its been my desire but not on my radar, til last September.
  I am really believing, praying and hoping that 2017 holds some really awesomely good changes for me and even my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment