Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Zeroing In

2/14/17 -- I want to elaborate a little bit concerning what happened at work on Friday.  The only reason I do is because for some reason, it has effected me in a way that I hadn't expected.
  I want to reiterate that mental illness is something that shouldn't be messed with or underestimated.  By messed with I mean; please get the physiatric help that you need and please, please always take your medications.  Never stop the meds just because you feel better, believe me you feel better on your meds than when your off them.
  This young woman's illness is actually in two phases-bipolar and schizophrenia.  I have encountered the different personalities that she seems to have but only the one that seems to make more out of something that isn't there or out of a conversation that her and her man have had.  She has a violent personality that I haven't ever confronted, only her man has.  However, I am still thinking that she should stay in for longer than 72 hours.  Anyway, she had returned from a counseling session with a counselor and proceeded to unload a lot of junk on me that actually turned out to be lies.  Although I am not positive that she knew she was lying.  I don't mind that she talks to me but I really prefer to have all the facts and not just the ones that you zero in on as your point of contention and haven't said anything to your man or significant other.  Anyway, she became quite emotional as she was talking.  She went upstairs for a short amount of time, came back down and said that she wanted to commit suicide, now of course, that isn 't an option, not while I am there and can stop it.  She did say that she wanted to go to the hospital.  That whole day had quite an impact on me, not sure why other than because I have been dealing with mental illness for the last two years and have finally come out on the super good side of it, thank God.  Yet, dealing with hers as caused me to put up a guard to make sure that none of the crap that she is dealing with doesn't somehow rub off on me because I have no interest in going back to that dark place.  I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit within me protected me and gave a "check" concerning her.  There was something about her that I just couldn't peg, now I can of course, therefore I never really let her get to close to me.  I counted her as a friend but not the same as she counted me.  She really counted me as a close friend but I then don't get why play the mind games other than to get the support for "her side" when it comes to her illness and her man.  However after a long conversation with her man, I have a much better picture of her.  Not sure about a clear picture of him but if her I do.  I now know that I need to pry a little more and find more about the conversations she has had with her man, before giving any sort of advice.
  After all that transpired that day I was in an emotional "freak out" mode, sort of-not sure how else to explain it.  I went to talk to the pastor and his wife of the church that I attend: after which I felt much better.  Not completely overcoming all my feelings of anger and sadness because I don't understand the why but I am better ok with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment