Monday, June 19, 2017

Birthday


6/19/17 -- So, this past Saturday, I spent the day with my friends, that moved about 45 minutes away, several months ago.  I got to hold their 1 month old twin boys, and carry one of them around at a little strawberry festival.  I have been waiting a while to do that.  We we finally got back to their place she fed both boys then took off to do somethings outside.  We talked while she nursed an I noticed 3 baskets of clothes that needed folded, so I started folding as we talked, continued while she was outside, til I was all done.  1 basket of all girls clothes, 1 basket of all boys clothes, and one that had the parents clothes in it.  When I got done with the clothes I got things going for dinner.  I brought the stuff for make gluten free pizza, first time using this recipe, too.  It is actually a whole30 approved, too.
However, I pretty much blew the whole30 plan this weekend, due to it being my birthday, and the oldest daughter decided to make me a birthday, cake (gluten free) and she decorated it all by herself.  I made some special cupcakes for church and to take with me to see my dad, in the nursing home, for Father's Day.  After my cupcakes were in the oven, I lit the candles on the cake and sat in a chair at the head of the table so she could bring me the cake.   After which, all of her siblings (old enough to) sang/yelled happy birthday to me.  That was the best birthday ever, in a long time.
The pizza turned out pretty darn tasty, I just have to remember to not put it in a pan that is too big.  I got home Saturday night, at 11:30pm which has been pretty typical whenever I have gone to their house.  Next time I go, though, I am going to plan on spending the night.  They actually have a spare bedroom that is specifically for sleep over, if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment