Tuesday, June 13, 2017

More stuff

6/13/17 -- So many things have been going on since my last blog, I know that I haven't been doing a very good job blogging on a regular basis but sometimes I just don't feel like it or other stuff gets in the way.
  I was let go or put on "lay off" from the printing company that I had been working at, for the last 9 weeks-ish. I am welcome to come back tho, whenever they need me, however I can't wait for them to call me.  I need something more permanent.  I just don't have the lifestyle that allows for working and not working.  It would work if I had a spouse who was the primary "bread winner" but since I don't have a spouse, I gotta be.
  Thankfully, I purchased a portable a/c just before this heat and humidity settled in.
  As far as the Whole30 plan, I have been sticking pretty closely to it.  I have found some really good Paleo recipes which are what I am going to be making this week.
  I found a good recipe for my favorite bread and that is Na'an bread, so soft and yummy.  I do plan on making that, I have the ingredients for it along with pancakes.  I was having issues with staying awake, so I went to the dr to see if he had any ideas as to why.  There are two things that he want so to do, one, if it works the other isn't needed.  Due to the change in my diet it seems that I am not getting enough complex carbohydrates so he suggested that I try adding that to my diet.  I immediately though of Ezekiel bread which is a sprouted grain bread.  I am not a bread person, unless it's for sandwiches even then I am super picky about the bread I eat.  So, I picked up some Ezekial english type muffins, they are denser than normal english muffins, yet they are soft.  When I was working I would eat half of one with breakfast then put sunflower seed butter on the other half and take it to work for a snack.  For the couple of days that i did that I noticed a difference.  I need to just be watchful that i don't go over board on adding stuff back in.  I don't want to gain the weight back that I have lost.
  I made a iffy choice and bought ice cream, a small amount but ice cream nonetheless.  It was on sale, like a good sale, and I just bought it.  However, I have been good and only eating a couple of spoonfuls at a time. I also ran across a brand of potato chips that i haven't seen since my grandpa would bring a case of them up for us, and he would make sure to grab my favorite flavors, sour cream and onion.  I have been pretty good in my discipline of eating them.  I am not going to get carried away with chips again.
 My last grandparent passed away, a week ago.  I wasn't able to attend the funeral, which really sucked, big time, but that is just the way it goes.  I now have zero grandparents, alive which sucks.  Death is apart of life.
  I am back to looking for a job, preferable a permanent one and sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment