Saturday, June 24, 2017

Life still.....

6/24/17 --  Still, no job but interesting developments; I received this automated phone call telling me to be at the Public Services building for a meeting.  I listened to it several times to make sure I understood it right, namely because I completely despise getting calls like that!  Then I got online and discovered that there were letters on the website that I got the information from, so I went ahead and attended this meeting.  I found out some very interesting and helpful information.  It looks like I will be getting some help in getting some, not too serious, work done on my car, getting help in improving my knowledge Microsoft Excel, Word and others which I need in order to get the type of job that i really want.  All I gotta do is show that I working on finding jobs and/or making headway in finding out info on taking a couple of classes.  This is the kind of help that I can use, however God still needs to help me out with the cash part of things to pay my bills.
  I seriously don't like not doing something to bring in an income.  The temporary job came to an end and apparently the temp job service didn't think to put me down as available after receiving the call from the boss I had at the printing company I had worked at.  I find that ridiculous, after making the phone call, myself, they now have me as available.
  I didn't hear from my son, on my birthday, but I am not surprised because it was Father's day so he was probably to caught up in whatever they were doing for that.  I honestly didn't expect to hear from him, altho it really would have been nice. Honestly, I haven't heard from him since Mother's day.  I have sent him a couple of messages and he hasn't responded to any of them, it would be nice if he would respond in some way but I can tell that he has at least see them, which is a good thing.
  I have been experimenting with different recipes that are "paleo" for bread substitutes, and I gotta be honest, I don't think that I will be going completely "paleo" in that area because I don't like the texture, (I know I should, could get used to it) but I really don't eat that much bread type stuff, anyway, that I doubt it will make that much of a difference.   Now, I can make sure the bread stuff, like naan bread, and such is good quality meaning little to no junk it in.
  I even broke down and made my own chocolate ice cream, which is nice because I can monitor the amount of sugar that goes in it. Now the recipe that made the base from only had a cup of sugar in it, but given the amount of half and half that went in it, that really doesn't amount to that much sugar per serving.  Not to mention, I never use refined sugar which is a no, no when you have thyroid problems.  Plus, whenever I make stuff that requires sugar I rarely put in the full amount of sugar because I usually am adding other things that are going to be sweet too.
  I really need to be watchful on the Ice Cream because I have a habit of going to crazy with it being in my freezer, I like ice cream too much.  Now that I have made the base I have to put it in my ice cream machine, I think I will have to do that twice, the recipe is double of what my ice cream machine will hold.  Plus I do have some chips that I can put in it to add some crunch and stuff but I doubt that I will because I don't like hard stuff in my ice cream, I prefer something like cookies in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment