Friday, November 17, 2017

A Spark of Hope.....

11/17/17 -- Well, Tuesday night I received a call from a staffing agency asking if I was still looking for work?  I told them yes and she told me that the Printing Company that I had worked for several months ago, is needing some help for 3-4 weeks.  I told her that i would definitely take the job, 3-4 or weeks or longer, I don't care, I need a job. Anyway, she said that she would have to call the supervisor of the mailroom to let him know that I could start as early as the next day but realistically, on Monday.  She told me that she would get back to be by 5pm if she got ahold of the supervisor, otherwise the next morning.  
  As of this morning, I haven't heard a peep, for the staffing agency.  If I haven't heard anything by the end of the day, today, I have plans on calling or message the family that has been my substitute "grandfamily", and see about going to their house and helping out the mom for awhile.  I know that I will be kept quite busy with their family.  I am just so tired of sitting in my apartment, I need to get out an help someone else.  
   That call had given me hope, but that hope is dwindling, a little each day that goes by.
  There is this couple that is across the hall and upstairs from me, and boy, oh boy, are they a mess.  By that, I mean, these two have brought quite the baggage into their marriage of only one year.  She is battle depression due the the custody issues of her boys, with her ex-husband and various other issues going on in her life.  Then there is her husband, who has been many ex-girl friends and has to be the most "messed-up" man that I have ever met. {emotionally}
  This man is bi-polar which means that he suffers depression along with his wife, yet it is different.  He has been deeply affected by the way he was raised and the way he has been treated by passed girlfriends. {what a mess}  Somehow, I have become their personal counselors and their marriage counselor.  Thankfully, this isn't as overwhelming and depressing and the household that I had worked in for about a year.
   The woman calls me "ma" because, apparently, I seem like a mom to her.  Her mom lives 3 hours away, and I just help them out with common sense things.  The trust me and I guess I have shown myself to be a good friend.  Her husband did me a huge favor by doing a brake job on the front end of my car.  However, I still need calipers, which I just have to purchase, and him and his dad can put them one.  There is also the tiny issue of needing tires, two of them, on the front.
  Being friends with these two has been quite interesting.  They have been quite dependent on his parents which seems to by a quite unhealthy alliance.  His parents are quite a mess, as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment