Sunday, November 26, 2017

Post Thanksgiving

11/26/17 -- So, As much as I wanted to spend Thanksgiving with my "blood" family, that didn't work out (as per usual, here lately) but I didn't spend it completely alone.  The actual day I was alone, but I knew that I was going to have a "Thanksgiving" dinner the next day, with a bunch of friends, so I was good.  I even made a couple of things to take that I had never made before.  One was a sweet potato cheesecake, which was pretty yummy, especially when you add the caramel sauce and the chopped almonds.  The second thing was a homemade green bean casserole.  That was pretty yummy, even though it wasn't as thick as it should have been. 
  The smoked turkey was super yummy, to me the skin is the best part.  Anyway, I am not a huge fan of turkey but when it's smoked and super juicy then it is really good.  The dinner also consisted of the sweet potato casserole, stuffing, greens, broccoli salad, and broccoli and rice casserole.  Everything was super yummy.
  I do finally have a job, actually two jobs.
I have a childcare job that is a total of 4 hours a day, 4 days a week; the other job is sort of full time back at a printing company, in my town.  They finally called me back but it's only for a few weeks and they are willing to work within the hours of the childcare job, which is pretty nice. 
  This childcare job seemed to be the right time for the grandparents, they are taking care of their granddaughter.  Apparently the former babysitter was one that smoked inside, didn't control the other 3 children she was supposed to be taking care of, and she did a lot of yelling.  All of this was taking on toll on the 8 yr old between getting sick because of the smoke to the lack of sleep, and just not doing well, in school, it just wasn't a good situation for the little girl. Then there was the stress of worrying about their granddaughter, while at work, so that bad situation was taking a toll on the grandparents.  When I started this past Monday, both grandparents had a good day at work, because they knew their granddaughter was safe.  Their little granddaughter, is so adorable.
  What I do is go to their place just before 6am, stay with the little girl til 7:30am and take her to school, then I go back at 3:00pm and picker her up from school, take her home, and stay there til her grandma comes home from work.  It is those hours in between thatI will work at the printing company's mail room.
  I am so very thankful for the two jobs, even tho one of them is only a couple weeks-ish. 
  There has been some movement in the situation between my son and I.  I was able to send my little granddaughter a birthday card and he said that he was ok with me spending time with the girls and baking with them but he hasn't asked his questions so there hasn't been anymore movement in that area.  I wish he would hurry up and ask his question so we could move on, but I can't rush him.

No comments:

Post a Comment