Thursday, November 9, 2017

Feeling Discouraged

11/9/17 -- So, as of right now I am feeling quite discouraged!  I dislike/hate being unemployed and I don't understand what the deal is.  I have been to numerous interviews only to not get another interview or any form of call back.
  On the one hand I don't mind not leaving my apartment because I kinda am a homebody but at the same time I need to work in order to support myself and I do enjoy some socialization, meaning I do like being around people, at least for a period of time.  There is only so much housecleaning I can do.  With only one person living in my apartment it doesn't get very dirty.
  There has been progress where my son is concerned.  First, I was able to send my little granddaughter a birthday card because my daughter in-law gave me their address.  I had initially sent a message via Facebook messenger, to my son requesting their address to send a card but never got a response, so then I decided to try texting my daughter in-law and to my surprise she gave me their address.  Then a day or two later, after my granddaughter's birthday, she sent me a picture of my adorable granddaughter handing a cashier the money I had included in the card, to pay for a puzzle that she wanted.
She didn't have to do that but I am quite thankful that she did because it showed me that she received the card and made sure that my granddaughter got it, too.  She also mentioned that she hopes the her husband (my son) will let me meet my little granddaughter, soon, because she's pretty great.
  That gave me the idea and the courage to ask my son if he would let me spend time with my granddaughters and bake with them.  It took him a day to respond but he said that he wouldn't have a problem with that but that he thinks that some things need taken care of.  He then asked if he could ask some questions.  I told him that it was fine to ask the questions.  Now, I haven't seen any questions, yet.  So, I am patiently/impatiently waiting for the questions to come.  The time of year is the time that I want to bake and I really want to do some baking with my granddaughters so I am really hoping and praying that he responds so and responsibly.  Meaning, I don't want to rehash anything!  I really want to just move on from the crap!  This has been along time ago and, as far as I am concerned, we just need to move on and work on being a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment