Monday, October 22, 2018

It Has Been Way Too Long......

10/11/18 -- There has been so much going on and I feel like I have taken way to long of a break from the computer.  I really just haven't wanted to be on the computer, not sure really as to why.
  I am so way frustrated with my son, because after the conversation we had, at my dad's memorial service, there hasn't been much movement in the visiting, that he promised.  I have been texting him, anywhere from weekly, to bi-weekly, to more often.  I have said a variety of things to encourage conversation, like for him to call me, but to zero avail.  So, freakin irritating.  My last resort is for me to actually pick up the phone and call him rather than text, to see what happens.  I haven't done that, yet.
   There is a lot of stuff going on in this apartment complex, thanks to one particular resident that just like to cause problems because her life isn't going all that well.
  There is drama in this building that I would much rather avoid, completely.  I really wish I could just pick up and move, up closer to my son and his family, 3 hours north west of where I am now.  I just am not quite sure how to go about doing that as I have zero job up there, let alone a place to live.  I doubt there is anywhere temporary that I could move due to the whole cat thing.  I currently have 3 cats so I don't know quite how that I would work.
  Oh, then there's another death that is going to happen soon, in my family.  You see, so far, my youngest sister past away last Labor Day, then my dad dies in April, oh and my Aunt dies in July-ish, the next one is my Uncle.  My youngest Aunt's husband has been diabetic, and over the last several months, to years, has declined in health, more by his choice than the natural progression of the disease, to a certain extent.  You see, a number of years ago, his eyesight began failing to the point that he needed to have special computer monitor or equipment to enlarge the print on the monitor.  He didn't want any of the assistance.  He has been depressed but won't take advantage of talking to anyone, not even his own wife.  I just don't understand the stubbornness.  Yes, Yes, I know that men can be pretty darn stubborn with regards to their own health, then demonstrate how big of a "baby" they can really be when they do get sick.
  My Uncle got so bed that he wouldn't get out of bed and do anything for himself.  He got sick to the point of needing to put into the hospital, and currently is in the nursing facility/hospice.  According to my Aunt, he has refused any more dialysis, anymore medical treatment, and eating.  So, it's only a matter of time before he dies.  I really am not looking forward to that inevitability.  In my mind this is something that he could reverse, if he wanted to but he has lost the will to live, I don't get it as neither does his wife.
  When my other Aunt died, it just so happened that I had 2 complete weeks off from both jobs.  I won't have that luxury this time around.  I am currently off for one job but I have to work all day on Friday, for the second job.  The second job is typical 3-5pm Monday-Wednesday, and Friday but this Friday there is no school so therefore, I will babysit all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment