Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Once In A While Jobs

1/15/19 -- Well, I did send an email to my former employer, letting him know that I didn't appreciate how he let me go.  Letting him know that I should have had more notice so I could effect some changes in my routine and the why of the issues that i have been having in sleeping at night and functioning in the morning.  I was really hoping for a response and even a second chance but at the same time I wasn't expecting anything.  It is rather irritating but not a whole hell of a lot that I can do about it.  I do have a couple of dog sitting jobs coming up.  One dog sitting job starts this Saturday and stops next Sunday.  The other one starts sometime in February and will end at the end of February.  Yep, a month long dog sit job.
I went to have my hair trimmed up and inquired about the dog sitting job because I had seen on facebook that her and her husband were preparing to leave for a month.  Her husband has retired.  She was explaining that she had asked some relatives because she was concerned that she would have to pay me according to what she paid me last year when I did it for 10 days and with her husband retired they can't afford that.  I assured her that I don't expect that (yes it would be nice) but she paid me what she felt was good, last year, it wasn't what I asked for.  So, I told her she could pay me that for the month if that would make it easier.  I have to spend the night during that whole month to take care of their dog.  However, I can still come back to my place to take care of my cats since she really doesn't live that far from where I live.  I really like hanging out with Molly, their dog.  She's a cool dog, so laid back, but it's kinda nice to take care of a dog once in a while.
  The dog sitting job that starts this Saturday, is also a case of I do have to spend the night, at their house.  Their actually have a cool house, so I really don't mind.  These two dogs are really neat to hang out with, as well, so it's a nice change.  When I dog sit at this house, I get to park my car in their garage and sleep in the couple's bed, use their really nice bathroom and shower/tub.  They do live in the country, which makes staying at their house, like a vacation.  
    In actuality, this coming week, Monday, I won't even get back to my place til Tuesday mid morning.  I have to babysit, all day, on Monday {the little girls that I watch from 3-5pm}cause there is no school, on Monday. My usual routine is to spend the night, wake up, take care of dogs, drink coffee, eat breakfast, then about 10am ish I leave and come back to my place to take care of my cats, eat lunch, then about 2:30ish is head out to babysit, then do back to the dogs.  Of course, I make sure my cats have plenty of the food and water they need til the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment