Thursday, January 31, 2019

BRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

1/31/19 -- These last couple of days have been very, very bone chilling cold⛄⛄.  
  Last week {from the 19th thru the 26th}I dog sat.  Whenever, I dog sit for this family, I have to spend the nights at their house.  I have to be able to let the dogs out before I go to bed, at night, then be there first thing in the morning to feed and let them out.  It seems their morning routine starts pretty early in the morning.  I totally enjoy spending time with these dogs.  It's actually quite nice to spend time with different animals, they are a complete different animal than cats.  
  While I was there, there was a pretty significant snow event, that left me snowed in, til afternoon.  I wasn't able to babysit, that day, as schools were closed that day, too.  Thankfully, the owners of the house, had arranged for someone to snow blow out the driveway.  I just had to let him now when the private road was plowed out.  The problem that I ran into was; I couldn't see the private road from the house and I didn't have my boots, to walk up to check.  I texted the man and asked that he come and check to see if the private drive was cleared; which he did which then he snow-blowed me out.
  We got quite a bit of snow that day, I would let the dogs outside, to do their "duty".  Whenever they were ready for me to let them back in:  There was one time I had let Fritz in (big schnauzer), I called for Doris (their mini schnauzer) and she came running/bounding thru the snow, the from the woods into the house.  It was so animated that I just had to video it and send it to their owners.  The woman said "poor baby" then said that she that she didn't want to ever come home.  You see, her and her family, went on a cruise, down in the Gulf of Mexico.
  The family got home on Sunday late, right in the middle of another snow storm, this one was worse than the one earlier in the week.  I was snowed in, in front of my apt, then on Monday, so no babysitting, again.  I was able to babysit, on Tuesday but then the "arctic vortex " decided to settle in the midwest.  Wednesday morning I was supposed to babysit but I couldn't get into my car, to try to get to work..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment