Sunday, February 3, 2019

BBRRRRRR cont...

1/3/19 -- I wasn't able to get into my car because there was a part of the lock mechanism that was froze, so I could only partially open the door.  Just enough to get my fingers in to try pulling but to no avail.  So, this in the afternoon, when I went to get in, the door opened like nothing had been wrong.  Then, of course, I couldn't start the car.  It just flat out doesn't like that deep, dangerous cold, any more that I do.  My neighbor was able to jump my car with his, so that we both could move our vehicles to the other side of the street.  Thursday was another day of my car not starting, due to the dangerous cold.  Another day of getting it jumped so I could go to the chiropractor.  I also decided to fill up the gas tank.  When i went to the chiro, I just let the car run, while I was inside, knowing that I wouldn't be in there for too long.  Now, on Friday, I waited til about 2pm to go out to start the car, just to be sure that it would start because I had to babysit.  Naturally, with it being warmer, it started without any issues.
  I am so glad that this deep freeze snap, is over with.  I totally and completely despise all extremes in temperature.  I don't like extreme cold of extreme heat and humidity.  Unfortunately, there isn't any place on this planet, where I could live an not have extremes in something.  I grew up in the midwest, so you would think that i would be used to it.  Well, I may be used to it, but I don't enjoy it, at all.
  Today, I was planning on going to church, however, since I have seen how foggy it is, outside, not a chance.  If I had to babysit, 10 minutes away, I would but to drive 40 minutes away, don't think so.  40 minutes is too long to worry about other drivers and whether they are going to be stupid or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment