Thursday, September 17, 2020

Job

9/17/20 -- Well, I do strongly believe I am about to have a job.  I am scheduled to have an interview, this coming Monday, the 21st.  I have been patiently waiting for this moment.  After all the garbage that happened with the "so called job" that I thought I had for a whole month.  I know this one is for real, because the cooperated offices are in the town that I live in.  Also, I know another person who is actually working for them, in the department that I want.  She is the one who told me to apply.  I just had to wait til I had the proper laptop, with the specs that the company requires from their workers, that are working from home. 

  I even spoke a to close friend, to get his suggestions on making sure that I pass the interview.  I have been to many interviews, over the last several years, and for whatever reason I have not ever gotten a call or email back.  The only email that I have gotten is thank you but no thanks, type deal.  Consequently, I have been quite discouraged about even job hunting.  So anyway, my friend and his wife, gave me very good advice and I am planning on abiding by it.

  You see, I have my suspicions as to why I hadn't gotten call backs, from prospective employers: that is that I talk too much, when I am nervous or anxious.  By talking too much, I then answer questions with too much information.  

  This job is working for a mail order company, that sells all kinds of yummy stuff, along with household stuff and a variety of other stuff.  The call center, is relatively close to our downtown, but they are hiring work from home people.  I am not the type of person that likes to "cold call" someone to see if they want to purchase something, but to take orders and maybe suggestive sell something that might go with what they are already purchasing I can do.  The whole, working from home, thing sets quite well with me., too.

  I have already gone swimming, I suppose there are other things that I should be going, like household chores. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment