Tuesday, January 19, 2016

More Thoughts

1/19/16 -- I have decided that I need to continue to do more things for myself, the main thing is losing weight/getting healthy.  I am totally not happy with a number of the medications that I am taking; the ones for triglycerides, and blood pressure - so I decided that the only way to get off of them is too lose weight.  Not to mention the fact that my ankle will be easier to manage without the extra weight.
   I ordered a book off Amazon that talks about and lays out a plan to detox your body via super food shakes and a "clean salad".  Then I decided to check out some websites that have healthy foods that you can order and they will sent it too you with recipes that you can prepare and eat at home.  The last one I just checked out was the Weight Watchers website.  I actually like the plans they have because it is more economical than the others that I was looking at plus I spend about that much in food on a bi-weekly basis for what they charge for a 3-month plan. So, I am going to meditate on these costs and see if I can figure out how to put the money together to pay for a plan, I am so serious about needing and wanting to losing weight, plus Weight Watchers includes breakfast and your getting meals for everyday of the week, which means less of a chance for cheating on the weekends.
    The physical issues that I have with my left ankle, hip, and back just makes me want to get the weight off to make them, not so painful.  Plus, I know that by adjusting what I eat and losing weight I will be able to get off the two medications that I really don't believe I need, despite what my regular doctor says.  I know that I haven't been eating as healthily as I should and need to.  I also am aware that by shedding some weight I will be more will to get more physically active and it won't be so hard on my ankles and other joints.  I truly believe that it could have an effect on how I look at myself, physically.
  I am still working on my emotional side which goes along with my spiritual side.  I am doing my best to keep things in the proper perspective because I really don't want to fall backwards and down the hole that I have been fighting to get out of and stay away from.
I have accountability with the spiritual/emotional sides but I don't really for the physical aspect but I guess I am doing this on my own.
  Not committing suicide and moving away from depression has been a very long and tough road that I know I am far from done with.  I know that I still have a ways to go because I am still getting thoughts that aren't healthy or truthful.  The battle truly in the mind plus not have a good spiritual foundation or being arrogant to think that you got it all under control just isn't good.  I have had those thoughts & issues and they aren't correct which means you have a heart issue that needs straightened out.  I have really been struggling with that for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment