Friday, February 5, 2016

Aging - not sure

2/5/16 -- Ok, so today is my middle Granddaughter's Birthday but I won't be seeing her or sending her a birthday card because I don't have an address to sending anything to, that truly sucks.  I love and miss her as well as the rest of the family.  I didn't hang around to long in the, sort of depressed mood I was in a couple of days ago.  Yet, there still is times when I really just hang out ever so briefly in that mood because of something that I see on TV or on Facebook.  
  I am finally sort of headache free, it isn't as prominent has it had been for 4ish days.  Yesterday was the first day that I was able to be without the Tizantidine.  At the very least it isn't over powering the Gabapentin have been taking for 3 months for the headache pain management.  I was supposed to be tapering off of it but not happening because of the headache.  It is nice to not have a headache.  This headache just totally exhausts me, it totally takes it all out of me.  All I want to do is lay down and rest, if not flat out sleeping.  I just don't want to do anything and that just isn't such a good thing because I don't get anything done.
  I went to see my dad and then my mom yesterday after work and eating lunch.  I stopped to see my dad first and he answered the door slowly after I knocked, he smiled and let me in.  The first thing I looked for was the phone so I could look at the ringer but I didn't see it, most likely it was beside his chair, but I didn't ask.  I went ahead and looked for the stamps and an envelop that mom  wanted me to bring to her.  As soon as I walked in the door, tho, I smelled something burnt.  I was thinking that he had tried to bake something.  So, when I went into the kitchen I took a good look at what it was that he tried to make, it looked like he tried baking muffins but wasn't quite successful.  So, I asked him about the muffins and told him that I could make him some muffins and bring them to him.  He said ok, but he really wasn't all that helpful in the kind he wanted.  I decided to bring him banana muffins but then mom said that he was probably trying to make cornbread muffins because that is a mix that he keeps in the fridge.  So, even tho I want to make myself banana muffins I will go ahead and make him the cornbread muffins.
 After seeing dad I headed out to the rehab place where mom is.  I took the mail stuff she wanted and we talked for awhile.  It sounds like she will be turned loose, next week.  I told her that I could come and take her home and help her get settled in.  If she could be released in the afternoon and not on a Wednesday, that would be perfect.  She is very leery about having dad pick her up and take her home.  Also by me taking her home I can help her determine what she has in the kitchen, food wise, because she really doesn't know, cause dad is usually the one that does the cooking, such as it had been.  According to mom it hasn't been that good, let alone not good for you.  She knows that she is going to have to do more for herself that she did the last time. I just feel that I am the only one that is available to help her out since my sister is being a jerk right now; not only that but she has come up and helped me out on a number of occasions, so it is the least that I can do.
  I have to admit that I am struggling with this aging thing especially dad because he used to be so strict, mean, intimidating, less than compassionate, and I have run out of adjectives.  
I just don't quite know how to handle it, however it isn 't driving me into depression, altho at a different time it very well could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment