Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Pain again

2/3/16 -- Today has been a difficult day, for a couple of reasons, I guess.  One being my head -- for the last several days my headache has been back with a vengeance, overpowering the daily pain medication that I have been taking to help keep it under control.  I messaged 'my' Neurologist, that has been treating me for this.  She was the one that I saw for a second opinion back in July, of last year. Anyway, a nurse from her office actually called me on Monday, a few hours after my leaving the message, and we eventually agreed that a different medication to take at the onset of the headache would be a good choice.  The other option is an injection of Toradol, but I wanted to try the medication first.  The medication that I am taking now is a true muscle relaxant, the other stuff is more of an anti-anxiety med. that does relax you but not like this Tizantidine.
I did start that medication, Monday night because I just wanted to get rid of this headache, plus that was the directions from the Neurologist.  I ended up sort of oversleeping on Tuesday morning but I didn't care because as far as I am concerned my body needed it.
   The next reason is thinking about missing my son and granddaughter.  All the while I am listening to a tv program that has a character talking about the things that you shouldn't wait to tell your loved ones.  I have a bunch I want to say to my son and granddaughters but I haven't had the opportunity is such a long time and it just doesn't look like that is going to happen in the near future, at least not from this perspective.  The perspective being the "downside" the part of me that sees ZERO contact from him/them and how broken my heart still feels.
  Then there is my dad -- my mom is in rehab from knee replacement surgery and my dad is exhibiting some strange behaviors, for him anyway.  My dad used to be this intimidating, mean looking, man who never really gave his daughters any kind of emotional support of any kind.  Now he is displaying weakness, something that I am not used to seeing from my dad.  This is a man who has chased after me for screaming at the top of the stairs (when I was growing up) as he was beating on my mom, in their bedroom.  He hasn't done that in years but that kinda gives you an idea of the kind of man he was.  Then two weeks ago, when I went to check on him for the first time, to get the most tenderest hug and kisses from him, EVER!  It was nice but so out of character that I just don't know what to make of him.  He did the same again when I stopped by on Saturday to see him before going to see mom, in rehab. 
   I love my dad despite the things that he did to me and my mom, it actually blows my mind to know of the things that he put my mom thru, even before us children were born, and she didn't leave him.  She did run back her parents for a two week stint when she was pregnant with either me or my middle sister, she took a grey hound bus from their home all the way back to her parents 2 states away.  When told me that I enquired as to what possessed her to go back to him and she said he came for her, said that he missed her and he was sorry, or something like that.  That abuse didn't stop for a long time.  It got to where it has shifted from physical to more emotional and at times it was directed at us.  I have two younger sisters, but my middle sister is old enough to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment