Friday, February 19, 2016

New Devolopment

2/13/16 -- I had a session with my Counselor, yesterday morning, bright and early.  The session was good, I completely enjoy my sessions with him because he is so helpful and encouraging.  However, towards the end of the session he delivered some very bad news! 
He is leaving 😞;  That is soo not a good thing, at all.  Apparently the clinic doesn't seem to value him and the work he has been doing for the patients he sees, not to mention that he is the only Counselor that is licensed in two states.  So, by him leaving they won't have anyone in the other state's branch clinic.  He travels quite aways every day so simply making it slightly financially easier for him to make that drive every day shouldn't be such a difficult thing.   Anyway, I have told him so much over the last two years, things that I haven't told anyone else, that so sucks!  I decided to send the Patient Advocacy department and/or the CEO of the clinic and "chew" him out.  Just letting them know that is it an EXTREMELY bad idea to allow him to go to a different job, just because he would like to have a little bit more money for his Salary.  Actually, I didn't reveal the details that he told me but they get the idea, it just isn't a good idea so leave so many patients without this wonderful man.  Not to mention the fact that will further add an additional patient load to the remaining patients, oh and they are already short staffed.  My Counselor's patients will be spread out among the remaining Counselors, adding to their load.  He did tell me that there are 10-12 patients, including myself, that he doesn't want to leave.  That really makes me feel good - I could tell that he really didn't want to tell my the bad news.  My Counselor even wanted to make sure that I have an appt wit him one more time in this month and once before he leave the early part of March.
   He did highly recommend only one other person on staff there that he truly believes is a good match for me to be transferred too.  So, I did make a few appts with her, the two things that I don't like is that I will be seeing a woman, and there is a whole month where I won't be abel to see any one, because she is booked up so I am on the cancellation list for her in April, and for Jason for one more in February.  I am still seriously not wanting my Counselor to leave and really not looking forward to having to adjust to someone new plus I really like seeing a male just because of the unique perspective he has versus all the women that I have in my life.  Nothing against the wonderful friendships that I have with women but a man has a very different perspective on things and there are many times when that is needed.
  Here lately I have had a difficult time with the idea of going to my local church due to the fact that it is a decent sized church and for some reason I am having issues with being around a lot of people.  I don't understand why but that is the way that I am right now, consequently I have decided to resume going to a small starter church that this family has recently started and I was one of their childcare providers now just attending.  I need to be around a few people but just not a lot at one time.  I just don't want to try going it alone because I am pretty sure I know where I could end up if I do that again.
   Once again, I am the only one of my sisters that is helping mom.  I went to my hometown and picked her up from rehab and took her home.  I made sure that she was all settled, I helped her put her stuff away from what she had taken to rehab, with her.  I made sure that she would be ok for food and such, til Saturday, before I left.  I was prepared for that trip to take longer than it did.  This Saturday tho, I am going back down to help her go grocery shopping and out to lunch, along with making sure that my little sister has an opportunity to see mom before the errand run is over.
  I have had a rather strange week, emotionally and headache wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment