Tuesday, April 4, 2017

More changes

4/4/17 -- I received a call from the woman of whose Salon I had been cleaning for the last couple of years.  She called to let me know that she is closing her shop, so she won't be needing my cleaning services anymore.  She has been in that same shop for 40 some years that she is ready for a change.  She will be cutting older people's hair at a Nursing Facility.  She will no longer have the same amount overhead that she has had with the shop.
  I gotta say that I had to pout a little, took a short nap too.  I really enjoyed cleaning her shop plus I liked having her cut my hair, so I will have to find some place else to get my hair cut.  I don't like the last couple of places that i have gone to get my hair cut because they don't cut it right or the beauticians don't stick around very long because they get burnt out but the hours they have to work.  So, now i don't know what to do.  I don't have money to have her cut my hair before she closes.  So bummed because not only did l really like her cutting my hair, supporting small business, but I am also losing a supplemental income.
  I have continued applying on ideed.com but haven't had any "bites" on my applications.  It is so frustrating to not have any interest but I just keep trying.
I am not just looking for childcare/nanny work but I am also looking for clerical/receptionist.  I have issues with my left ankle so I cannot do long term standing or walking for hours and hours, that is why I am looking for childcare or clerical.  Also, I enjoy taking care of children and being a secretary.  I have skills that i haven't used since my tenure at a Shopko.  I haven't forgotten any of it though.  Actually, I have improved on my typing skills and filling is a no brainer, so is answering phones.  There are computer programs that I can learn as soon as someone is willing to teach me.  In my opinion, hands on learning is the best, because every office uses something different so to learn a particular office program is better than to learn a blanket program from a college, however I am not against college learning.  I wish I could get some of that college learning but it is out of my budget and I am not going into anymore debt than I already have by getting a loan for college.
  I keep praying and hoping that something will come along, soon, because I really don't know how long this job will last or how long I can tolerate her drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment