Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Dealing with Death

9/12/17 -- So, my little sister died on Labor Day, last monday.  This coming Saturday we are having a Celebration of Life Service, commemorate her life.  It made better sense to me to have a Celebration of Life service rather than a Memorial Service because my sister wouldn't want us to NOT CRY, not only that but I know that there will be people there that will tell us how or what my sister did to effect their lives.
  I don't know that I am ready to hear all the different things from the different people.  I don't like being in a state of tears for an extended period of time, but oh well, such is life for this upcoming day.
  I am in the mood to bake so coming up, Thursday, I will be baking up a bunch of cookies and bars.  I have chosen 4 different types of sweets to make.  I guess my sister other younger sister is making other types of food, cause that's what she does, she can cook in mass quantities whereas I can bake in may quantity much better.  I love to cook and bake but baking is my most favorite.  Mom asked me if I would bring some flavored water, which I will do, plus some frozen pink
lemonade.
  I have to admit that I am more concerned about my mom, making sure that she adjusts ok and is able to do the things around the house that need done, especially concerning all the thing that she is still grappling with as a result of dad being in a nursing home.  I want to make sure she knows that she has plenty to keep her busy and plenty of people that still love her, just don't need as much of her time as my little sister occupied.
  I have no doubt that my mom will be able to move on, she knows that she is loved and has plenty of people to talk to, yet I just want to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment