Friday, September 22, 2017

Long Week

9/22/17 -- This has been a long week - between working thru the loss of my little sister and still not having a job.  I have been checking in with my mom on a daily basis because I really believe she feels this more than my middle sister and myself.  My mom is the one who spent quite a long time taking care of my little sister.  Now, she has quite an adjustment to make, however next week I believe is going to be the most difficult.  We are going to be converging at my little sister's apartment to begin the process of cleaning it out.  My younger sister suggested that mom not go back over there alone, and needless to say, I have to agree.
  My little sister has quite a few things in her place that now needs to cleared out of there.  There are things that I am going to come home with, mom will be taking home with her, and my younger sister will be taking home with her.  Yet, there will be things that we will be distributing to other places because none of us will either have the room or the use for it.  As I sit here and type this out, as I think about it, tears have come to my eyes.  I am not looking forward to walking into that apartment knowing that she isn't there and never will be again.  My younger sister has never been to that apartment, so no telling how she will react.
  Two of my extended family members have been able to stick around the area this whole week which has been nice.  My mom's sister and brother in-law and my cousin all decided to stay a week.  My Aunt and Uncle have been spending the week in my mom's basement getting somethings organized that belong to my dad.  I do believe that my Aunt's decision to remain here, til this morning, has done more than "lighten the load" for my mom.  It has meant way more that mom can even convey to have one of her sisters stay here.
  It was nice to be able to spend some time with my cousin, while she has been here.  She had intended on leaving on Wednesday, but her husband suggested that she stay the rest of the week:  come to find out he was taking the opportunity to do some retiling of their upstairs bathroom and had gotten called into work one of the days so he was behind.  She is leaving early tomorrow morning.  She has been staying with my younger sister this whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment