Monday, September 18, 2017

It's Over

9/18/17 -- Well, the Celebration of Life service is over!!!
I have to admit that I am so very glad it's over.  It was so very nice to see the family that drove up and over here to see us and to support us, but the service itself is over, for that I am glad.  3 of my dad's sister came up, then they went to see him.  2 of my mom's sisters and 1 brother came up and it was wonderful to see all of them.  Oh, and one cousin also made the drive.  Our cousin is staying with my younger sister the others stayed in a motel/hotel. My dad's 3 sisters left yesterday morning and one sister, and brother of my mom's left yesterday morning, as well.  One sister and brother in-law came and they are still here.  My son and daughter in-law also came.  It was so wonderful to see them, yet I received a "icy" reception, sort of, from them.  My son, sort of, hugged and I made sure the my daughter in-law knew that I was very glad they came.
  There was so many other people that were there that I hadn't seen in a very, very long time.  It was great to see them even tho the circumstances weren't ideal.
  The "sermon" was absolutely wonderful and I definitely saw a difference in my son, after the service.  He did stick around during the meal after, but he didn't eat, that I noticed.  He was more receptive to me after the service than before.  He hugged me better and spoke to me better, as well.  I was able to get more info on the deal with school.  It is full time but I do believe that Leesa is picking up the slack by doing more photo sessions, since she is a photographer that isn't too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment