Friday, December 15, 2017

SCAM!!!!!

12/15/17 --  I recently experienced a scam, that ALMOST cost me money that was given to me by my mom/from my little sister's "estate".
  Someone who I truly thought way my Aunt contacted me via Facebook messenger.  "She" told me that the she had recently acquired 50k thru a "US AID" attorney.  "She gave me a cell number to text to get the information.  I did and this exchange went on for a couple of days.  Anyway, I sent money via western union to someone on Florida, then was told to move it to Michigan.  So, I was texting and messaging and getting very frustrated.  That should have been my umpteenth clue that this was a scam, but I was still trusting that this was my aunt.  Anyway, my last trip to a Check into Cash store that also does Western Union wiring, he was the first and only person that asked me some pertinent questions because he could tell this could be a scam/fraud.  When I answered his question and told him the truth, cause I was told to "lie" about it.
  Thankfully, this man was trained very well, by Western Union, on how to spot a scam/fraud and he was able to get my money back.  This is the umpteenth time that I have been scammed/attempted frauded.  This scam was more elaborate than I have ever seen or experienced.  The man at the check into cash told me to get ahold of my Aunt to see what really is going on, cause he said that someone most likely hacked into to copied her facebook page and tried this same thing with others on her friends list.  I did get my Aunt's number from my mom and actually called her only to find out that one of her son's had already contacted her to tell her that she had been hacked and fixed her facebook so that couldn't happen again.  She was grateful but not as grateful as I am for getting my money back.  
  The whole scam was send money to get money, which should have been my first clue that something wasn't right.  Oh....well...a very wise and well trained western union agent caught the fraud and helped me to get my money back.  Now, I will be able to get the new tires on my car, that that money is earmarked for.
  So, be on the lookout for scams thru facebook and any other social media! It is pretty pathetic that there are people out there that seek out others in order to steel money from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment