Monday, July 20, 2015

This Week

7/10/15 -- This week has been very interesting because all week I have been dealing with, what I would call, "hangover headache" just hovering in the background.  Yesterday, it had intensified to the point of needing to take my Imitrex tablets, one at a time and and hour apart.  Thankfully today no intensifying indications going on which means that I am continuing to plan on going with a friend to a Farmer's Market in a town that is said to have a really good one.  So, I want/need to make sure I do some sort of grocery shopping tonight before I go home so that I don't have to worry about food over the weekend anyway.
  Yesterday, I also had a session with my Counselor which was nice because I totally needed to hear the encouragement from him.  He asked me some very pointed questions, as per usual.  I just had to show him the two most recent pics of my granddaughter.  He had asked me if I had heard anything new, to which the answer was "no".  We also discussed the whole "headache issue" and how that is also affecting my mental state.  We didn't go down the emotional path which was kinda nice, I guess.  I was blown away by his encouragement -- he kept telling me how good believes I am doing despite the "low times" that I experience.  His encouragement really does mean a lot and I thanked him for it, I also believe him. I have come to believe what he tells me even tho it is difficult for whatever reason, because I know that he means it.  Yes, Yes I realize that he is a professional and he tells that to all his patients but I don't believe that he encourages unless he means it.

No comments:

Post a Comment