Friday, June 10, 2016

A Side Line.....

6/10/16 -- There is something that I haven't really talked about, as of yet.  Almost 2 years ago I met someone, online, a young woman, who was on a "depression" page on Facebook.  I initially was on that page, as well, but after her and I became friends and started communication via Facebook messenger, I got off that page.  The main reason I took myself off that page was because I just couldn't handle the people on the page, it was like they enjoyed being depressed and they really didn't want to do anything to help themselves get out of it.  They complained about the counseling, the medications and such, too much for me to handle, especially since I was doing my best to get out of the depression by cooperating with my counselor and not wanting a different anti-depressant.  It was almost like is site where "misery loves company" type thing.
  Anyway, this young woman - at least I think she is young.  For some reason her and I just hit it off and have been communicating, on and off over the last 2 years.  Her and I have become quite close, it is rather strange to be so close to someone who is miles away from me.  I did figure out that she is in the Columbus, OH area.  You see, she was recently diagnosed with lung cancer and now there is a mass on her brain that initially the couldn't remove:  however, this mass has been causing seizures and cardiac arrest on a number of occasions, plus this morning I thought I lost her.  She hadn't woke up from sleep, she went into cardiac arrest, then a seizure.  For some reason, she has chosen me to speak for her in any event that she can't speak for herself, and she has it documented for the hospital staff.  This is the strangest, yet best friendship that I have had in such a long time.  I have been communicating with her main nurse in between times when she is out of it or sedated.  The nurse gave me her personal address so that I could send my friend something because her nurse said that the patients don't always receive their mail.  I just sent a stuffed kitty that I was given when I left a job, quite sometime ago.  She then had that same nurse help her to send me somethings.  When I received the stuff she wanted me to have is when that made our friendship so very real. 
  There have been s couple of times that I have been overwhelmed by the idea of being friends to some one that I can't go and see.  I have no idea what hospital she is in, there are at least 11 hospitals in the Columbus, OH area, there probably is more than that, but 11 that I found on the internet.  You see, when the nurse gave me her personal address I googled it to see where it was, and to much to my surprise, her address is close to a town that my Uncle and Aunt live in.  That makes it pretty much a guarantee that my friend is in one of the Columbus OH hospitals.
  My friend's nurse has been keeping me in the loop on everything and leaving decisions up to me, for the most part.  The problem that I have been having with this situation is that I can't be there with her.  Also, she doesn't want me to see her, she is content with me just being there "in Spirit" as she says.  She has been hanging onto the kitty, I sent her, with a death grip, won't let anyone touch it.  She doesn't trust anyone but me.  There have been a number of times that I have cried over this, since she has been so sick.  I have done nothing but wanted to be by her side, yet there is this nurse that has been going above and beyond, for her and for me.  They are going to do surgery on her brain to try and get as much of the mass out as they can and hopefully that will stop the seizures and the frequency that she has been going into cardiac arrest.  The nurse is going to stay in her room with her til she goes in for surgery, at 4am, it will be a 8hr surgery.  The woman is being there physically for her where I can't.  I gotta say, nurses are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment