Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Attempting.......

6/1/16 -- You know it seems that every time that I made headway out of this "funk" there seems to always be something that creeps up threatening to try to bring me back to the "funk".  This time it is the fact that someone from a website that I was using to find a childcare job, Care.com, was attempting to scam me.  The only reason that I am pretty confident that it is a scam, is that when I emailed the, supposed woman, that I was communicating with, to find out and make sure that it was a for real.  I was respectful when asking the question wanting to just protect myself because I have an attempt similar to that happen to me before.  I haven't heard back from this person, then yesterday, I received a check from a bank that is reputable but the company listed on the check doesn't seem to exist in the place that is listed.  I just don't know, so very bizarre.  I also was supposedly to receive a list of things to purchase for these people with an address to take it all too.  So, I just am not going to cash it, the amount too, is rather strange.  So, basically that means that I don't have a housekeeping job that is supposedly to start on the 11th of this month.  I am not quite sure how to show up to a place if I don't have an address.  
  Just the idea that this ended up being a scam could be a catalyst for sending me back down the rather slippery slope that I am doing my darnedest to stay away from.  Thankfully, I haven't felt that badly about it, I am bummed but too awfully sad about it because it is better than being conned out of money that I don't have to spare.  Now, I am not clear what I am supposed to do, as far as, whether I move or not move.......

No comments:

Post a Comment