Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Being Stupid

7/5/16 -- I said something yesterday that I shouldn't have said in the context in which it was said.  I had to work yesterday while the couple left, then ended taking one of their boys, the middle one, to be specific.  Here's the thing - she and her "husband" we had thought she had left; her "father in-law" and I were both there, in the kitchen, when he started talking more like complaining then I pretty much fell into the "trap" of saying something that I shouldn't have said because I hadn't said to her face, yet.  She overheard what we/I had said or at least part of it.  That is when she came back in the front door to gather stuff up for taking one of the boys, the one that had been crying when they left.
She then made a comment about hearing what we said.  She headed upstairs; I then decided to catch her on her way back downstairs and apologize and admit that I was wrong in saying what I said cause I hadn't said it to her face.  What I said was true but I hadn't actually said it out loud to anyone let alone her, til yesterday.
   I left at one pm because the arrangement was that I would leave at 1pm then her father in-law would take over.  The arrangement was sprung on him just yesterday morning.  I just shouldn't have fallen into his complaining and made any comments at all.  After that incident, her coming back in, I stopped making any comments that could be misinterpreted and to be honest I got sick and tired of listening to him complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment