Saturday, October 29, 2016

Life......

10/29/16 -- I had an interesting appointment with my counselor, yesterday.  It was the very first time that I actually met my new counselor.  I counseled with her intern thru the summer, then when he left at the beginning of October, my sessions start with her.  She is quite nice, very easy to talk to but she wanted to know the things that I wanted to work on and/or the issues that I have that I want to work thru.  So, we discussed the three things that I want to work thru; I did forget to mention the fact that I don't have a job right now.
  The added stress of not having a job, on top of my dad's health issues has caused a headache that really hasn't gone away.  I felt it coming on, on Tuesday evening as I was at the hospital, visiting my dad, with my mom.  I ended up not going to the hospital, and staying home. I stayed in my very comfy nightgown with shorts on, I laid in my chais lounge, pretty much all day long.  This headache just makes me so tired, especially when I add the medications I have to take, to the mix.  I still have this headache, but right now it is just hanging out in the background.  This kind of stress my body just isn't handling very well; despite having one great thing going on.
  I have left a message with my son, in messenger, but he still hasn't seen it.  It is rather discouraging that he hasn't seen it, but I have no idea what his work schedule is, so I guess I just need to wait.  After our last conversation, I got the sense that he wants to actually see me letting him know that I want to reconcile.  I am not going to tell him every day, but I will like once a week or every two weeks.
 The still very difficult thing is; my youngest granddaughter's birthday is tomorrow,(she will be 3) and I was really hoping that I would have been invited to the celebration for it, but no such luck.  Thankfully, I haven't been dumb enough to make my hopes too high.  It still would have been nice to hear from him concerning that, oh well. 
  I still have to keep myself focused on the things that have been keeping me on a good path, because I have zero intentions on going back from where I have come.  I had made a call to a Pastor Friend of mine, letting him know of the situation with my dad; during our conversation he did ask me how I was doing, to which I responded with "fine as long as nothing else happens."  Thankfully, he prayed with me, while on the phone and promised to pray for my dad.  I was thankful that he asked that because he is the only one that has asked about me.  Even tho I have been doing pretty good, it is still nice to know that I have people that care about how I am doing.  I also still have my counseling appointments, which is a good thing, I am not quite ready to stop those, altho, I think I can spread them out some.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment