Friday, August 11, 2017

In A Sling

8/11/17 -- Here I go, typing this one handed.  My left arm is wrapped up just above my elbow all the way to my hand, then in a sling.  This makes my life pretty interesting given that I am left handed.  My right hand does get tired so of course I have to rest it every now and then.  I gotta say, there are a few things that are difficult to do with one hand but not impossible.  Thankfully I prepared some meals ahead  of time so all I have to do is warm them up.  Also, knowing the keyboard helps out a lot.
  Unfortunately, I can't drive because I can't even pull the car door shut let alone open it.  So, going anywhere alone, is not possible unless I walk.  I didn't sleep very well, Wednesday night but last night was a little better.  Wednesday night, I stayed with some friends and the bed was firmer than I am used to, but mostly cause my arm was just achy.  Also, I just had a very hard time getting comfortable.  I do have pain pills which i am taking but the one incision is on the inside of my elbow which then leans against my body.....
   

No comments:

Post a Comment